"Well, most people like it and I like it, and I'm working hard and trying to keep the cost down"

J. Russell Finch CEO & President
The Pacific Edible Seaweed Company
Fresno, CA.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Happy Birthday Evelyn Ankers

    The term "scream queen" has been bandied about a bunch during the past couple of decades, but Evelyn Ankers can surely lay claim to being the original. She was born to British parents in Chile in 1918 and emigrated to the U.S. before the outbreak of WWII. She become a familiar face in Universal horror and thriller movies of the 1940's, appearing in such films as THE GHOST OF FRANKENSTEIN (1942), SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE VOICE OF TERROR (1942), THE MAD GHOUL (1943), CAPTIVE WILD WOMEN (1943), WEIRD WOMAN (1944), THE INVISIBLE MAN'S REVENGE (1944), THE FROZEN GHOST (1945) and perhaps most famously as the love interest of Larry Talbot (Lon Chaney Jr.) in THE WOLFMAN from 1940.
   She was married to actor Richard Denning (THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON and THE DAY THE WORLD ENDED) for 43 years until her death in 1985.





2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha,, Evelyn Ankers is my Fathers Sister, they grew up together in Chile.. both spoke fluent Spanish,,they say its where my siblings and I may have got our dramaticness from... Im not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha,, Evelyn Ankers is my Fathers Sister, they grew up together in Chile.. both spoke fluent Spanish,,they say its where my siblings and I may have got our dramaticness from... Im not complaining.

    ReplyDelete